This article is brought to you by one of your aunties, ya know, the one who doesn’t have kids yet but is somehow always ready to jump in for carpool duty or for a spin to the park. The one your kids ask about in the middle of a meltdown…because let’s face it, it takes a village to raise groms.
We thought we’d help out by bringing some of the best baby shower gift ideas (or at least what we’d buy for our friend’s babes). This village is ready to bring you some random, rad stuff for baby shower gifts, 1stbirthday parties, or just cuz.
By sharing some of our favs (cue Enter Sandman), we hope to help teach your kids the importance of self-expression, art, music, and also other cool things like being nice and caring for the planet.
So, here is a PSA from us aunties and uncles:
We’ve made our own RAD REGISTRY LIST!
From the brands we wear while surfing and skating every day, to the art and books we love to collect in our own homes, we think the things on this list will add some flair to your already epic days of #adulting.
We’re here for ya.
So next time you find yourself singing a third round of “Baby Shark”, you’ll be able to look at your grom repping that Metallica onesie and smile because you and your village are raising this one right.
Check it out, our must-have baby registry items and best baby gifts according to us.
RAD BABY REGISTRY
- Baby Bum Hand Sanitizer - The thing you always want but never have! Grab a bunch and stick one in every bag, it’s the best baby shower gift under $20
- “Look, Look!” By Peter Linenthal - Did you know that newborn babies’ eyes respond best to black, white, and red because these contrasting colors encourage visual development? We found this sick board book for groms beginning to look and learn.
- “Baby’s First Eames Book, The ABC’s of Modern Architecture and Design” by Julie Merberg - From our favorite designers like Charles and Ray Eames to Frank Lloyd Wright, pass on that good taste of yours with this A-to-Z illustrated book to the most insane designers and the things they have famously made.
- Metallica Bibs - For those headbangin’ snack-time moves, this bib is a hardcore stain-blocker.
- Banana Rattle - A very a-peeling knit plush with a soft rattle noise will keep you from going bananas while your new grom discovers their rhythm.
- Burton Toddler Beanie - From the brand we wear for all our outdoor adventures, this beanie will keep those lil’ grom ears warm with style and sustainability in check.
- Stance Socks - Because these are rad.
- Clip-on Teether Gamer - Keepin’ it old school with this one: a clip-on teether that brings back memories of the good ol’ days!
- George Hats - For sun protection on your daily surf check or park stroll, these 5-panel hats are the anti-itch kind, soft, and easy to wash.
- Baby Vans - Because the only time wearing shoes doesn’t suck is when you’re headed to the skate park.
- Baby Bum Dukes Rad Bath Set - Passin’ on #FightTheShower as a motto to live by with this bath set, complete with a rad Duke bath toy.
- Surfing Animals Alphabet Book - Get stoked on teaching the ABCs with tube-riding tigers, and longboarding wombats- “an aquatic alphabet adventure for Old Sea Dogs and Young Pups alike!”
- Aviator Nation Pray for Surf Onesie - With this one, we’re teachin’ your grom the art of lifting up the good vibes to Mother Ocean.
- Drawstring Backpack - This one is for you and those moments when you’re juggling ALL the things like a boss. A diaper backpack to keep those hands free!
- Rainbow Pillow- Lay your head on this pillow and all the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.
- Parasol Diapers - These rad things are definitely not your typical baby diaper! They are eco-friendly, high-performance, and hypoallergenic, keeping you on trend while maintaining a sustainable lifestyle.
- Wildbird Baby Sling - Here’s another life-hack for you! No buckling, wrapping, or strapping, this is by far the easiest way to wear your new grom close to your heart! (and easy for us aunties and uncles to figure out)